Monday, June 8, 2009

Making a Change

I've been trying to lead a healthier lifestyle lately, but I find all my healthy choices in food to be boring. I'm a chocoholic/candyoholic/get the largest size because I just love the way food tastesoholic. Yeah, you read that right. Well, my in-laws bought me a Wii fit for my bday back in March and I have enjoyed using it, but I find that I'm not keeping up with it as much as I should.


Today I went into a local woman-only gym called Butterfly Life and got some information about membership. I like the way they have their gym setup (a circuit like Curves + dvd classes + live classes + cycling) and they offer a 2-week trial offer. Hubby thinks that we can swing the monthly fee if I actually use the membership. While this totally makes sense, I feel a bit of weight on my shoulders to commit to this. I really want to do this and I really want to succeed. I need to lose 20+ lbs. to be out of the overweight category on the BMI chart and 40+ lbs. to get to my "ideal" weight.

In any case, we decided that I should at least do the 2-week trial, possibly sign up for their weight-loss summer program and then decide on a contract at the end of the summer. We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment